Digi Dhan Mela: Jingle Competition
DIGI DHAN MELA- SLOGAN COMPETITION ...
DIGI DHAN MELA- SLOGAN COMPETITION
About DigiDhan Mela:
Government of Maharashtra has embarked on the “Cashless Maharashtra” initiative with a view to move towards a digital payments ecosystem. To encourage consumers and merchants to increasingly shift to digital payment modes, the Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants has been launched by Hon. Prime Minister on 25th December 2016. The schemes are aimed at encouraging people to move towards significantly higher usage of digital transactions. On each day, 15000 winners are being selected by lucky draw in these schemes.
The objective of Digi Dhan Mela is to generate awareness among citizens and merchants about various digital payment systems available. It also aims to handhold users in downloading, installing and using various digital payment systems for carrying out digital transactions. The initiative plans to enable citizens and merchants to undertake real time digital transactions through the various payment channels like UPI, AEPS, USSD and RuPay card.
Contests to encourage local community participation in the initiative leading up to the day of draws.
Certificates will be given out for (i) best slogan (ii) best jingle in local language.
The competition is structured as follows:
One Participant can participate in both - Jingle and Slogan Competitions.
The winners will receive a certificate from the Government of Maharashtra.
Jingle Competition Guidelines:
1) The competition theme shall be based on "Digital Payments."
2) The last date for submission is 23rd January, 2017 for Maharashtra. Prizes will be given on 26th January 2017. Details of the prize distribution will be conveyed latter.
Guidelines for Jingle Competition:
3) Criteria for Judging:
a) Originality (20%)- fresh sound, unique approach to jingle-writing;
b) Musical Content (30%)- melody, recall;
c) Lyrical Content (30%)- coherence, ingenuity;
d) Over-all Impact (20%)- total effect on an audience.
4) The audio file of the jingle entry must be in MP3 format, bearing the
5) The duration of each entry should not exceed sixty seconds and
have the capability to be abbreviated into thirty-second and fifteen second
6) Musical style- up tempo, current, bright & inspiring;
7) Lyrics should have easy recall.
8) Strictly only one (1) audio file per entry;
9) The lyrics should be in pdf file format and must contain the
name of the composer and lyricist;
Terms and Conditions:
1) The Competition is open to all citizens of India only.
2) Entries submitted through any other medium/ mode would not be considered for evaluation.
3) The winning entry of the slogan and jingle competition would be the intellectual property of the Directorate of Information Technology (Government of Maharashtra) and the winner cannot exercise any right over it, after acceptance of the prize. The prize winning jingle and slogan is meant to be used by Directorate of Information Technology (Government of Maharashtra) for promotional and display purposes, IEC (Information, Education & Communication) materials and also for any other use as may be deemed appropriate for the initiative within the context of government administration.
4) The jingle and slogan must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
5) Multiple submissions by the same participant would not be considered.
6) The participant must be the same person who has made the slogan and jingle and plagiarism would not be allowed.
7) Please note that the jingle and slogan must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
8) Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition. Directorate of Information Technology (Government of Maharashtra) does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
9) The employees of Directorate of Information Technology (Government of Maharashtra) as well as their family members are not allowed to take part in this competition.
10) Participant is to make sure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated since Directorate of Information Technology (Government of Maharashtra) would be using this for further communication. This includes details such as name, date of birth, photo and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
11) Directorate of Information Technology (Government of Maharashtra) reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/ or the Terms & Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria. However, any changes to the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/ posted on the MyGov platform. It would be the responsibility of the participants to keep them informed as to any changes in the Terms & Conditions/Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria stated for this Contest.
12) In case of any issues with the competition, the decision of the judges will be final.